Millions of naira and lives were lost this evening as residents of Ajegunle in Ajeromi-Ifelodun LGA were sacked with gas explosion from a gas station within a street.
The explosion happened on Aduke Street where some residents reported that the gas attendant was receiving calls when it happened.
They were however rescued by men of the Lagos State Emergency Service who were called and responded though a bit late.
A nearby water producing company was also said to have donated its water tanks and others but it was not able to overpower the fire.
Video of the incident shared via tombara