The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has published the the 3 ways to detect or identify fake JAMB result slips and admission letters.
The JAMB Original Result Slip and JAMB Admission Letter are two important documents candidate who wish to gain admission in any tertiary institution programme via full-time mode will have to provide for admission and clearance exercise.
It is therefore important that candidates or individuals ensure that they print or accept only the Original copies of these documents.
Few Cyber Cafes and Business centres do print and give fake JAMB result slips and Admission letters to candidates with or without their knowledge.
Some candidates also in a bid to manipulate their admission do forge result slips and admission letters.
Owing to this development, JAMB has provided means that anyone can use to identify fake JAMB Result slips and Admission letters.
1. JAMB QR SCANNER (Institutions)
- Download the Mobile App on your phone or similar devices from Apple and Google Play Stores (scans everything)
- Use it to verify the security features on documents such as name, registration number, institution/programme
Result of QR Code Scanning
Brings out candidate’s registration number, name and aggregate score.
This is preferred.
2. Using Security Features
- Barcode bearing vital information has been placed on the 2 documents
- Online payment reference number has been reflected on the 2 documents
- Registration number placed as water mark across the 2 documents
3. Using JAMB CAPS
a. For those who have not printed each of the two (2) documents will have the following message displayed on their screen when viewed:
Result slip not yet printed.
- Any Result Slip presented is therefore fake.
Admission Letter not yet printed.
- Any Admission Letter presented is therefore fake
b. For those who have printed each of the waterways project two (2) documents will have the following message displayed on their screen when viewed:
Original Result Slip Printed & Original Admissions Letter Printed.