Less than 24 hours to go for Prof. Olanrewaju Adigun Fagbohun, the Vice Chancellor of the Lagos State University, LASU, there are some crisis to contend with which will in turn outlive him and one for his successor.
Recall that 20 Lecturers were recently sacked for Non-Possession of PhD Degrees by the management which was recently made public.
The names of some of the affected lecturers are now known and they cut across various departments and faculties in the citadel of learning.
Below are names of some of these lecturers as revealed from a source at BlackBox Nigeria:
- Amos Oloruntele (Department of Political Science, Faculty of Social Science)
- Tony Ajala (Department of Industrial Relations and Human Resource Management, Faculty of Management Science)
- Ahmed Ogundipe (Department of Marketing, Faculty of Management Science)
- Shabi Olawale (Department of Industrial Relations and Human Resource Management, Faculty of Management Science)
- Bukola Adedoyin (Department of English, Faculty of Arts)
- Oladapo Balogun (Department of Philosophy, Faculty of Arts)
- Oluwatoyin Idowu (Department of Industrial Relations and Human Resource Management, Faculty of Management Science)
- Bello Cestus (Department of Banking and Finance, Faculty of Management Science)
- Oyegunle Suraj (Department of Foreign Languages, Faculty of Arts)
- Mr. Olatunji (Department of Business Law, Faculty of Law)
Some of the affected lecturers, it was gathered have challenged the termination of their appointments by writing to the University council to overturn the decision.
Also, investigations further revealed that some of the affected lecgturers obtained their PhD but were not recorded at the time the list was compiled.
One of these persons is Oluwatoyin Idowu whom BlackBox Nigeria learnt recently finished his Doctorate program from the same LASU. He however obtained his PhD from the Department of Business Administration.
It was further revealed that the story was leaked to the public by interested parties who are aimed at using the story to discredit a candidate for the about to be vacant position of Vice Chancellor and had been an ongoing issue and not new.
Recall that the Visitor to the University and Governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu had also cancelled the process to appointing Prof. Olanrewaju Fagbohun’s successor whose tenure will expire on 11th January 2021.