President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the implementation of the NIN-SIM linkage Policy with effect from the 4th of April, 2022 to restrict telephone lines not registered with their NIN.
All Telcos have been directed to strictly enforce the Policy on all SIMs issued (existing and new) in Nigeria which implies the outgoing calls will subsequently be barred for telephone lines that have not complied with the Policy.
- To know your NIN number, simply dial *346# from any of your phone.
In order to link your line with any network, use any of the steps below:
- To link with MTN, dial *785#
- To link with Airtel, dial *121*1#
- To link with 9 mobile, dial *200*8#
- To link with GL0, Send UPDATE NIN (space) NIN NUMBER, first name, last name to 109 e.g. “UPDATE NIN, 12345678901, Liasu Hammed Aweda ” to 109.
How To Link Your NIN To Your Mobile Numbers using the NIMC Mobile ID App
- Download the app at https://nimc.gov.ng/mobile-digital-id/ or via the Google Playstore or Apple Store
- Open the app and log in with your security PIN.
- Tap on ‘My Devices’ button on the bottom right part of your dashboard on the app.
- Tap on ‘Add Mobile Number’ and input the mobile phone number you wish to link.
- Next input the OTP sent to that mobile phone number.
Note that you can link up to seven (7) mobile phone numbers.