A kidnapper, John Lyon, terrorising Bayelsa State has been arrested in Abuja after been tracked by the Nigerian Police.
According to a source, he is well known in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State because he lives very large and spends heavily in Clubs and bars. He’s popularly known as John Lyon or Lion which is the translation of his name Ewa.
He are some interesting facts about him:
1. Born on 22 Dec 1986, his real name is Emmanuel Ikechukwu Ewa.
2. He was a former staff of Sterling bank.
3. John Lyon is a native of Eruan Community in Boki Local Government Area of Cross River State
4. He uses the name Lyon interior hub as a cover up for his many kidnapping activities.
5. He spends lavishly in clubs.
6. He claims to be a graduate of the University of Calabar.
7. He was recently involved in the kidnap of one Danjuma, a bank staff where he and his men successfully demanded over 50 million naira and have confessed to having committed the crime.
8. 2 years ago so many people, maybe his friends praised him for lavishing money on unknowing to them he is into kidnapping.
9. He was nabbed in Abuja after a ₦70m ransom was traced to his account
10. He reportedly cried that his wife just delivered a baby when he was apprehended.