Famous Nigerian actress and presenter, Iretiola Olusola Doyle has announced a divorce from her husband of over 19 years a veteran broadcaster, Patrick Doyle.
Ireti disclosed in her interview with popular media personality, Chude Jideonwo that “we are officially divorced” while talking about her marriage with Patrick Doyle.
Delving into her life’s journey, the actress also corrected the false impression that she had her first child at age 17. She stated that she was 19.
While speaking about her collapsed marriage, she said:
“The truth of the matter is that I had no business being married at that time, talk less of going to the choice of who I got married to,”
Here are 7 important things to know about her:
1. Her full name is Iretiola Olusola Doyle and she was born on 3rd May 1967 in Ondo State.
2. Ireti spent her early years with her family in Boston, United States. Upon returning to Nigeria, she attended Christ’s School Ado Ekiti and obtained Diploma in Mass Communication.
3. Ireti possesses a Diploma in Mass Communication and a B.A. in Theatre Arts both from the University of Jos.
4. She is a writer, actor, producer and presenter. She has produced and presented her own fashion and lifestyle show titled Oge With Iretiola.
5. She was nominated at the 2016 Africa Movie Academy Awards in the Best Actress In A Leading Role category for her portrayal of Dr. Elizabeth in the Ebony Life film Fifty.
6. Iretiola currently stars as the enigmatic Sheila Ade-Williams in the MNET television series Tinsel. Her most recent stage credits include The Vagina Monologues, Olorounbi The Musical and Hear Word and The Wives.
7. She got married to Patrick Doyle in 2004 and they have six children together.
She has now moved out to her house in Anthony Village, Lagos.