The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has arrested a wanted drug baron in Lagos.
According to a statement by Femi Babafemi, the agency’s spokesperson, the suspect whose name was given as Ugochukwu Chukwukadibia, was arrested with Tramadol 225mg worth ₦8.86 billion.
1. Ugochukwu Nsofor Chukwukadibia is the Chairman of Autonation Motors Ltd. He is also known as Nsofor Kennedy Ugochukwu.
2. He is 52 years old and was arrested in one of his six mansions in the same estate which is being used as a drug warehouse.
3. Thirteen Million, Four Hundred and Fifty One Thousand, Four Hundred and Sixty Six (13,451,466) pills of Tramadol 225mg was recovered by operatives of the National Drug Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, from one of the mansions of the billionaire drug Baron.
4. The recovery is worth Eight Billion Eight Hundred and Sixty Million Naira (₦8,860,000,000) in street value
5. The NDLEA discovered 443 cartons of Tramadol Hydrochloride 225mg, which contains 13, 451, 466 pills of the drug while some cartons were already burnt in a fire incident in the house same day.
6. Prior to this, one of his six mansions in the same estate is being used as a drug warehouse for the tramadol consignment, while he lives in the one at Plot Z-130 Road 67 and the other as his office.
7. He is a native of Ihiala Local Government Area of Anambra State.